Thursday, December 6, 2018

Hotel Room Coffee Machine Blues


She said with a smile “you know
your hair is beautiful, don’t go”
directing me to a bus to take me to the show
but I declined
saying I’d walk

another time before that
wearing that same orange hat
on her blond hair pulled back
in Dallas’ sudden cold snap
no warmth in the air
would I have been warmer
would we have talked
would I have invited her up to my room?

nearby a van lurked
surveilling the hotel
FBI
operating a wireless net
I could see from my room
dividing my time
between my first cup of coffee
and my first laptop connection
sipping my coffee watching my screen




November 2018


(based on an event while staying at a Marriott on Commerce Street in Dallas, Texas during SC’18).


Copyright © Dick Russell (Richard M. Russell)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 1972 Jessica’s shoulders gleamed her torso wrapped in a warm towel posed on a wooden table while a kettle steamed still damp from her bath ...