Tuesday, October 31, 2023

 Foyers


if this should be the last I'll write I'd quickly say
I felt love at sunset tonight as once before,
near sixty years since I felt its first embrace
a feeling I won't describe words are destroyers,
which is not to say these words might mean more,
typed in italics on onion skin paper,
read not recited unsure of an encore,
written in lower case words become vapor,
spoken with lips that enunciate clearly,
the living language of romance and rapture
while the moon appears shrouded surreally
over lands still subject to urban capture.


Richard M Russell (C) Dick Russell
                          2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

 1972 Jessica’s shoulders gleamed her torso wrapped in a warm towel posed on a wooden table while a kettle steamed still damp from her bath ...