Tuesday, August 8, 2017

That day I met Sam Shepard



Four young Americans were stoned
from smoking a joint just before I
arrived at the end of the room about a
                 coffee table
Barbara Riddle husband Sam and wife
I should have pulled up a chair to

sit with them but by the wall
in a chair at a distance not close
as if I was an observer not a guest
                  after I left
I knew they all felt more comfortable
as I who had been invited

I could have sat on the floor
beneath them but they did not make room
peachie le nic lived in that same flat later
             with wife Claire
he gave Sam the key to let Heather in
to the top floor flat where we met





copyright © Dick Russell
                2017






No comments:

Post a Comment

 1972 Jessica’s shoulders gleamed her torso wrapped in a warm towel posed on a wooden table while a kettle steamed still damp from her bath ...