Friday, August 2, 2024

 In Early August



When thoughtful of my early Iife, I groan
remembering something I'd done or not
transported in time to an unearthed bone
that my brain knows, and I'd almost forgot.
Appearing from nowhere out of context
often unwelcome from a time when single
as if tagged this is best expressed as sext
received split screen where life's images mingle,
precipitating moments seen again
triggered presumably by stimuli
unknown to science, magical brain-
made neuron spasms flashing inner eye.
Then you glance at me and smile, I'm redeemed.
Everything is now better than it seemed.



Dick Russell © Richard M Russell
                        2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mondays Come and Go Mondays come and go  now there are only three to go then two more before he's sentenced  when he'll disdain the ...