Look North
About Turn
A Work in Progress
144
Grandiose to think they’ll all be there waiting
where the stone pillar stands
Some may have traveled from far distant lands
They could be waiting there now
Standing in massed bands
I’ve no obligation to go there
Before being cued off stage
I’m playing my next part so they might take umbrage
offering portage, a sort of STXIT
Where the stone pillar stands
I’m needed alive I don’t need portage
I’ve no need to hurry not eat my viands
I’ve thrown in with brigands
My weight though negligible is nought if I’m dead
Alive I contribute my ligands
I’m going my way and not to the exit
There’s stuff to be done by our brigand band
We’re going off traveling to far distant lands
Taking this show on the road
That leads where the stone pillar stands
Dick Russell © Richard M Russell
2026
No comments:
Post a Comment