Thursday, October 4, 2012

Aphrodite: Born of foam on a beach in Cyprus




                I am a shell
        if you hold me to your ear
     you will hear
              sea    my moan    the rush
of breeze in your veins
           through me
                 you will hear gulls mewing
         water sighing on shale
                       the sound of my love
              crying to you

              I roar like waterfalls
                 crest like waves
                     flood
          your body
                 as incessantly as waves
    fill cracks between rocks
                       violently
               gently
        as persistently
          as tides

                I am a shell
      if you hold me to your ear





©  Dick Russell, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

 1972 Jessica’s shoulders gleamed her torso wrapped in a warm towel posed on a wooden table while a kettle steamed still damp from her bath ...