Friday, August 4, 2023

 Going Upstream


words need to speak
from wherever they exist
whether etched in stone
or scratched in ink
or painted 

my way in 
was only 
through words
no money changed hands
no property of any kind
just spoken words

I couldn’t find a way into those words since then 
for I was always way out
whenever I wanted to go back in
realizing I needed to reverse
fast going to brake just in time to take
an exit ramp back to those cadences
one hand braking the other hand speeding
riding upstream into Spain far from roads
taking me back to that far beginning
where I needed for nothing had it all

         approach me again
   approach me again in your tangles
   your landscape hurtles
      bruises my seeing 
                        beyond
   seeing light broken by
     colors of all color
one color

      plover at path side
   quills on my head
confusion come seeking me

now I approach through hills sleeping
land lights scented and beyond
through fragments of bones
skull on the mound
goat bells jangling
hooves running before me
into mysteries
secrets safeguarded
rapt in a furled wing


Made by Dick Russell
                                      ©
                                2016, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

 1972 Jessica’s shoulders gleamed her torso wrapped in a warm towel posed on a wooden table while a kettle steamed still damp from her bath ...